minute workers

Chitika

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ghost In My Room

by Daniel
(Texas) 
I had a very terrifying experience one night. Before I had never experienced anything paranormal and was very skeptical to things that were supernatural. But this night definitely scared me into believing.

It was about 11 o'clock at night when the first strange thing began happening. I had gone to bed around 10 as it was a school night and was dwelling on insomnia at this time. I was getting close to sleep and closed my eyes when my bed began to shake. I didn't know what was happening at first but when I realized it wasn't me shaking the bed I threw the covers over my head like a little kid and kept my eyes shut. The shaking lasted about 2 minutes and then abruptly stopped. I waited a few seconds and then I pulled back the covers and looked around my room. No one was there and it was completely silent. Then my doorknob suddenly started shaking like someone was trying to open my door. It shook for a few seconds then I heard the ping of the brass like the lock had been unlocked. I had not locked my door before bed. The door opened to a crack and then swung back violently and stopped just before hitting the wall. I sat upright in my bed staring at the door scared out of my mind. Then in the blink of an eye a shadow crossed the doorway and went into the hall bathroom. The bathroom light came on and the bathroom door slammed shut. I didn't know what to do so I sat frozen in my bed. I watched the light from under the bathroom door turn off and then the bathroom door open. The shadow whooshed by my door and then my door slammed shut. I immediately threw my head under the covers and began saying prayers that I remembered from my Catholic school days. I didn't sleep the rest of the night and spent the next few nights sleeping on the couch in the living room.


After that night I placed a crucifix above the bed in my room and tried to forget the whole thing. But about a year later during a particularly violent thunderstorm I awoke at 4 in the morning to find the crucifix above my bed turned upside down but still hanging on the wall above my bed.

I don't know nor do I care to know what I saw that night or what haunted my room. I told my parents and they half-heartedly believed me. After I moved out my parents tried to remodel my bedroom. During the remodeling my father was painting the walls when the door suddenly slammed shut. He walked over to the door and it wouldn't open. He tried for several minutes to open the door but it wouldn't budge. Suddenly the lights in the room turned off and he turned around to see a tall dark figure in the opposite corner of the room from him. He fumbled with the door knob and finally managed to open the door and ran out of the room.

He refused to work on the room anymore and they promptly sold the house to the first buyer at a very reduced price.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment