minute workers

Chitika

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Black Cat At The Guilld Hall

Have you ever had an experience but not known it was until some time later? I have!
When I was a younger I used to like going to the various museums in Leicester, I personally liked the Guild Hall on Guild Hall Lane in the town center.
The guild hall has been used for a lot of different things a girl\'s school, a police station and jail plus royalty has lived there too.
On one visit I got chatting to one of the workers there and they told me about a bible that is left out in the library up stairs that when left closed at night is found open in the morning and about strange fallings in the old cell area, I could not wait to see if I could "feel" anything in the 2 areas.
I decided to go in side to the library first while I stood looking at the old books in the glass cases against the wall I heard some one enter the room stop and then walk out again but as I looked towards the door no one was there now; all the floors are wooden so footsteps are heard quite clearly and loudly also, the place echo's a lot.
I followed the sound out of the library towards the stairs leading to the main hall but as I got to the top of the stairs a black cat ran between my legs and down the stairs almost tripping me up, grabbing on to the rail to stop my self falling down the stairs I lost sight of the cat. Cursing it I went down the stairs and looked for the worker I had spoken to earlier to complain about the cat thinking it was dangerous to let be there. I had totally forgotten about the footsteps I had heard by this time.

I did not find the worker but also did not see the cat so I thought it must have left the court yard and gone down the walk way out.
I did go to the cells but there were a lot of people there so I left again and went to another museum in the area.
Now for the strange bit!
Last week I caught Most Haunted on TV. They were doing the Guild Hall and were talking about the bible and the cells, "I used to go there" I said to my partner he told me he knows the woman who now runs the museum, then the presenter said something that sent chills running through me and left me speechless.
"There are also reports of a black cat that runs between peoples legs on the top of the stairs almost tripping them but the cat then vanishes"
I could not believe what I heard the presenter say! I turned to my partner and told him "that happened to me years ago" he said he had heard about it from his friend who runs the museum and she had said most people don't realize that its a spirit cat as it looks solid and not what most people think a spirit would be like until they tell someone there and they are told the truth about the cat.
I would tell anyone asking to go there it\'s a great place to visit but watch out for that cat.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment