minute workers

Chitika

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mandy's Home - 1

When I was 13 I was going out with a girl named Mandy who even though had shown me where she lived and was happy for me to call round never invited me in to her home, I thought this was a bit strange but never questioned her about it.
One morning during the summer would have been around 9.30 I knocked on Mandy\'s door to see if she was coming to the adventure playground most of the kids in the area would go to in the summer, she answered the door said she would not be long and shut the door, not long after the door opened expecting to see Mandy I turned towards the door and there was this small boy grinning up at me. "Mum said come in" he said Then ran from the front door leaving it open for me. As soon as I walked into the house I felt cold it being the summer it was t-shirt and shorts weather sunny and warm outside but in the front room it felt like I had walked into a freezer and I got goose pimples all over.
Just then I heard someone shout "in here" and I went through to the back room "that\'s for best in there" I was told by the small boy that had opened the door then a lady came in from the kitchen and introduced herself as dot (Mandy\'s mum) and told me the boy\'s name was Michael (Mandy\'s younger brother) I said hi very nice to meet you and then went into shy boy mode looking at feet, twiddling fingers not looking at people that kind of thing. Just then Mandy came down stairs and seeing me asked who let me in Michael stated laughing and dot said she asked me in. Mandy said we were going up to her room and Michael jumped up and said he was coming too so all 3 of us went up the stairs to Mandy\'s room.

At the top of the stairs was the loft hatch, Mandy\'s room to the left to the right the landing dots room off the landing on the right and Michael\'s room at the end of the landing. As soon as I stood under the loft hatch again I felt cold as though a winter breeze was blowing I looked up at the hatch but before I could say anything Michael said "this house is haunted lots of ghosts live here" pushed by me into Mandy\'s room.
This got me wondering if this was why Mandy did not want to invite me in before. We sat chatting for a while listening to music and being bugged by Michael\'s questions, Mandy finally asked me if I thought ghosts exist sure they do I replied and told her the story about Charlie (see goodnight Charlie) I got a story for you too she said but don't laugh will you, then she started with her tale.
2 years ago Mandy had a pet dog who would sleep at the foot of her bed each night and follow her everywhere she went, one day as she went to the shop that was across the road from her house the dog followed her and sadly got run down and died instantly. "but he came back" Michael butted in, it\'s true said Mandy a few nights after he had been run down the whole house was woken up by the sound of barking outside Mandy\'s room on the landing and the sound of a dog scratching at the door to be let into the bedroom. It would not stop until the door was opened but as soon as the door was closed again it would start again barking and scratching Mandy had to keep her door open at night to make sure it did not happen.
The strangest thing was the marks Mandy told me what marks? I asked totally gripped by now, on the door panels she replied, I got up opened the door and looked at the outside on the bottom right panel (there were 4 panels 2 at the top 2 bottom) there were deep scratches in the paintwork, it\'s been painted over 4 times Mandy said but they always come back through even though I keep it open now she told me.
There is a lot more to tell about Mandy\'s house but that's for my next post. Please give your comments about the post.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment