minute workers

Chitika

Friday, February 18, 2011

The grave in the backyard

This happened in 1974 in Dimmitt Tx.I was I was 8 at the time.My parents moved us to this farm that was owned by the man my Dad worked for.It was a big white house,it had a fence around the back of it.I was so happy now I would have a place to play.But as we were pulling up in the yard,I heard my Dad tell my mom \" It\'s a good house but there is a grave in the back we can\'t let the kids play back there.My was saying that she didn\'t think she could stay there.My dad told her that we would not be there long,he needed to make some money so we had no choice.The first chance I got I went back there to look,too see if it was true.It was a big mound of dirt taller then me,and it had a home made cross on it and it was painted white.there was a white picket fence that went all the way around it to each side of the house.There was a back door but we never use it so we kept it locked.The first night there we put up beds and got bed clothes out,we went to town to get something to eat.When we got back we went to getting ready for bed.As kids we were told to go to the restroom before you go to bed.So we done that and then we all laid down to go to sleep.Later on that night I woke-up because I could he someone walking sliding their feet as they walked across the floor.I thought it was my dad but I could not see any one.And this went on all night it would walk from my room to the bathroom.The next morning my dad asked who was up walking all night,and me and my brother both said it wasn\'t us we thought it was you.Well my dad went we worked on cleaning the house,but we still didn\'t get to put up the cook ware.So my mom said we would do it tomorrow.That night it got worse,we were all sleep when I heard pot\'s being thrown about like someone was looking for a pot.Then I heard bean\'s being poured into a pot.I laid there with the cover pulled up looking to see if I could see some but the kitchen light was off.So I am really scared because my dad wasn\'t up cooking,my mom she couldn\'t walk she was in a wheelchair.Then after hearing the beans fall i the pot,I heard the screen door slam shot.The next morning I told my mom what had happen.My dad was gone to work she said she had not heard anything.We checked the screen door it was still locked.We got the kitchen done and my mom told me I could go in the living room and watch tv with my brother.I had a sister that was 4 months old,my mom kept her in the kitchen with her on the kitchen table.This table was so big you could seat 8 people at it.My mom would stack two blankets on top of each other and put her on them.Even if she could roll off she would never hit the floor.I was watching tv and I decided to go see what mom was doing,she was cooking and my sister was playing with her rattle .I stepped back in the living and sit on the floor to watch tv,I looked up and mom was standing in the door way checking on us.When all of a sudden there was this real loud bang in the kitchen.We ran in there to see what it was,and that\'s when we saw my little sister and her blankets laying up against the kitchen and wall.And just as we got there the back door slammed shut.My little sister eye\'s were going up into her head and her gums were busted.It was if something just swiped her off the table with rage and stormed out of the door.We were never told what happen there but we moved after only living there 3 to 4 days.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment