minute workers

Chitika

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Saw A Girl, But She Was A Ghost

By Angeld
 I was visiting my family in Kerala, India. That is where I am originally from. I have lived there for periods of time and even gone to school there, but I grew up in California.
This is a completely true story.
So, I was in Kerala, my mom has three sisters and they each have 2 children, except for my mother who has 3 (Including me). My oldest Aunt's children are grown and out of the house, so that left bedrooms open for the rest of us.
My brothers shared one. My little cousins shared another and my aunt offered me the single room. My cousin\'s room. It was very nice. It had the plushest bed and was warm. I was excited I got to sleep there. I should mention That day earlier I was wondering about a little girl and boy I saw when I was 5, like I said, my family and I have been in and out of India for ages.
Once there where these two very poor children and I remember they were my age or a little younger. I was feeling bad that all we could give them was a few dollars. That\'s all my parents they had on hand. I was wondering what happened to the little girl because I remember I couldn't stop looking at her, even when I was 5 I was scared for her safety. I could remember that the little girl had long wavy hair and only had on a purple skirt and no shirt.
So at night, my brothers went their way and my mom and her sisters got ready to sleep in the living room on mats and little beds. I put my stuff in my cousin\'s room and got into the bed. I immediately felt completely uncomfortable.
I felt like... I didn't want to sleep in that room. I just couldn't. My stomach felt queasy the moment I touched the bed, so I told my Aunts and Mom I didn't want to sleep there and they set up a mat for me to sleep next to my mom. It was like a can of sardines and I was at the left end.
I woke up in the middle of the night with my stomach hurting. I thought maybe it was something I ate. I was kind of sleepy and I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and I saw in front of me, a woman sitting cross legged with her hands in her lap.
I wasn't scared but logically thought it was my mother. I rubbed my eyes and said "Mom my stomach really hurts." She wasn't saying anything and I was getting frustrated so I tapped her saying "Mom!" That\'s when my fingers went right through her.
I remember when my fingers went through her, and hit the floor. I was shocked. However, the girl sat unblinking. My eyes widened and I realized this was not my mother. For one she was very skinny, she was wearing a purple shirt and skirt, with long wavy hair.
And she had a creepy grin, not malicious, but not nice.
I've had dreams of Devi (which is a goddess in our religion) before and it didn't feel like that sweetness so I knew this is not a divine being, which of course I do believe in.
She looked younger than me, but very aged. (I was 15 at the time) Like she had been through a rough life. I quickly tapped my mother who I realized had been sleeping next to me. I shook her and said "Mom wake up! There's a girl in front of me! She's sitting right in front of me!"
My mom got up annoyed and said, "Meera, what is it?"
When she sat up she sat right in front of the ghost. I was so shocked all I could say was "Mom, there's a girl right there. She's sitting right there." I was pointing like crazy. She wasn't getting it, she was still sleepy and the ghost was behind her.
What happened next I still can remember like a movie being played.
The ghost tilted her head, she was still sitting cross legged, but like she tilted her head to the side and smiled at me, a full smile then to the other side and smiled at me, like she was playing a game. That\'s when I said loudly, "Mom look look! There's a girl!"
Then one of my Aunts got up, switched on the light and the girl was gone. First they thought I was hallucinating or something. But I knew I wasn't.
From thinking about that little girl I saw when I was 5, to sitting in my cousin\'s room and being uncomfortable, and then seeing her.
Not a coincidence. I'll tell you honestly though, I only made the little girl connection to this girl a few years later, just randomly.
Now I remember thinking what if I had been alone in a room with the door shut? I had always been slightly scared of these things, and alone...
After a day they believed me but my aunt was angry I'd say there was ghost in her home. My mom was scared and asked me if I was scared and I said no. I was shocked I really wasn't. That\'s probably because I wasn't alone.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment